Trustee Jim Houser (bio)
Trustee from 2012 – 2019
Reelected for a four year term starting January of 2022.
- One Daughter – three grandsons
- Member of Mansfield Kiwanis
- Member of Mission Point Church
- Member or Richland County Ag Society
Re-Elected for a Four Year Term Jan 1, 2022 – Dec 31, 2025
Jim Houser has lived in Madison Twp. for over 40 years. He married the former Debra Harris and is the father of 3 children and 5 grandchildren.
Jim has been in public service ever since he graduated in 1971. He enlisted in the US Air Force, Ohio Air National Guard and served during the Vietnam era.
- When he returned home he became a certified police officer and served on the Crawford County Sheriff’s Department.
- He served over 25 years with the Richland County Sheriff’s Office in various capacities.
- He was a fire investigator with the state fire marshal’s office.
- A safety officer with the department of corrections (retiring in 2007)
- He continued in his law enforcement profession as an auxiliary officer on several departments.
- He also served as the zoning inspector in Madison Twp.
He based his most recent campaign on “Safety”. Safety for the residence of Madison Twp.is very important to him. Jim was elected and took office on Jan 1, 2018. He looks forward to working with the citizens of Madison Twp. and the two other Trustees.
Term Beginning Jan 1 2020 – Dec 31 2023
Was a Madison TWP Trustee previously from 2000 – 2007