Personnel are on call 24 hours per day, utilizing four large plow trucks with spreaders and one pick-up truck equipped with a plow. Each time there is an accumulation of snow or ice requiring the roads to be plowed and or salted it costs Madison Township between $5,000 and $6,000 in salt, fuel, and overtime pay.
In the event your mailbox is damaged by plowed snow, please contact the Road Garage at 419-524-9999 and leave a message, you will be contacted by our personnel as soon as possible.
Leaf Pickup Program
Leaf collection schedule starts in November on the West Side of the township, then working to the East Side. Only One Pick Up Will Be Made
To insure that your leaves will be picked up – follow these guidelines:
- Leaves must be raked within 5 feet of the edge of the roadway in a long row. Do not rake them into one large pile.
- Do NOT pile leaves in or behind open ditches.
- Only leaves will be picked up – NO NUTS, BRANCHES, BRUSH, GRASS OR CORN SHOCKS
- Do NOT put leaves in bags or piles within 10 feet of your mailbox, sign post or within 50 feet of a dead end road.
- Leaves located more than 5 feet off the roadway WILL NOT BE PICKED UP.
- Leaves piled in ditches more that 5 feet off the roadway WILL NOT BE PICKED UP.
If you have any questions, please call 419-589-9999 or the roadway at 419-524-9999 and leave a message with your name, address, and question.
IF YOU HAVE A CATCH BASIN OR STORM DRAIN IN FRONT OF YOUR PROPERTY, PLEASE HELP US KEEP THEM OPEN BY REMOVING ANY DEBRIS. WE APPRECIATE YOUR HELP.